O God, you have brought us near to an innumerable company of angels, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, especially William and Thurgood: Grant us during our earthly pilgrimage to abide in their fellowship, and in our heavenly country to become partakers of their joy;
through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you
and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. (Book of Common Prayer 1979, adapted)
Let us pray to our Risen Lord, who invites us to share in his Resurrection.
As you equipped the apostles to preach the Gospel to all, strengthen your Church to share the Good News.
In the Anglican Cycle of Prayer, we pray for:
- North Ankole – (Uganda) The Rt Revd John Muhanguzi
- South Ankole – (Uganda) The Rt Revd Nathan Ahimbisibwe
- North Carolina – (IV, The Episcopal Church) The Rt Revd Michael Curry
- Assistant Bishop of North Carolina – (IV, The Episcopal Church) The Rt Revd William Gregg
- The Episcopal Church in South Carolina – (IV, The Episcopal Church) The Rt Revd Charles VonRosenberg
We pray for our friends in Christ in the:
- Dutch Reformed Church in Botswana
- Dutch Reformed Church
- Evangelical and Reformed Church in Honduras
- Evangelical Reformed Church in Bavaria and Northwestern Germany
- Evangelical Reformed Church of Christ
Lord, you came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. Restore all situations in our lives that hurt or discourage us and reassure us of your grace.
We pray for the people of :
success for Vin Productions; Bethany and her husband (separated, going to a counselor); Cynthia (more work); Cindy (more work); Theresa (laid off); Sheela (depressed, misses her late mother, wants a husband); Maria (financial breakthrough and peace)
You reconciled us by your blood and by your wounds we are healed, restore all of us to that health that is yours to give.
Elmer’s brother; Linda’s mom (liver failure); Kathleen and Calvin (cancer); Shirley’s daughter (dying); Ray (high blood pressure, may not know Christ); Sue
Let the departed rest in peace; comfort those who mourn with the promise of resurrection from the dead and bring all of us safely to your Kingdom.
We also praise you for the blessings in our lives, especially the gift you gave us at Calvary.
Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve your sick servants, and give your power of healing to those who minister to their needs, that those for whom our prayers are offered may be strengthened in their weakness and have confidence in you loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. (Book of Common Prayer 1979)